There are two versions of Hydejack: The Free Version includes basic blogging functionality, as did previous versions of the theme. The new PRO Version includes additional features for professionals: A portfolio, a resume layout and a welcome page to feature your favorite projects and posts.
This table details what is and isn’t included in each respective version.
|Free Version||PRO Version|
|Features (see below)||✔️||✔️|
|Briefcase full of $100 bills|
|Download on GitHub|
– or –
Use the RubyGem
|Buy Now - $29 1|
Both the PRO and free version includes all of the features listed below:
- Full in-app page loading — no Flash of White, no Flash of Unstyled Content2
- Advanced animations, inspired by Material Design
- A customizable sidebar that turns into a touch-enabled app drawer on mobile
- Near-perfect Google PageSpeed Score3
- Even higher perceived speed thanks to pre-fetching and latency-hiding
- Support for categories and tags — even when hosting on GitHub Pages
- Built-in collection of social media icons
- Author section below each article and multiple authors
- Simple and semantic HTML — can be viewed even with text-based browsers
- Progressive enhancement — sacrifice features, not content
- Google Analytics and Google Fonts support
- Blog layout with pagination
- Syntax highlighting
- Math formulas via LaTeX
- Disqus comments
- RSS feed
- Print layout
The Free Version features the design and tech of Hydejack, but only supports basic blogging.
The PRO Version aims to be the complete package for professionals on the web. It includes layouts for your portfolio, your resume (with support for JSON Resume) and a welcome page to introduce yourself to visitors.